If a website has a high bounce rate, it is counted as a negative factor instead of a positive one. It means that people do visit the website but do not spend consistent time. This usually happens when there is lacking in one or many areas. Weak content is a major reason in this case. Serious visitors are conscious about the content they read particularly the information on the home page. At times, the content is not well researched or up to date. Having the right combination of keywords may attract visitors but this doesn’t last long. Once the users visit the website and figure out that there is nothing innovative in terms of content, quick exits will be made. As a result, the bounce rate of the website would be on the rise.
Providing readable content is essential
How can a website retain a visitor? Quality content is very important for maintaining a good rate of traffic. If people visit a website regularly, they would develop an interest in purchasing products / offered services. The readability level of content describes the flow and smoothness. It is important to refresh the information on web pages from time to time but this does not mean that junk content should be published. If there is no sequence between sentences and consequent paragraphs, readers would get bored and discontinue reading. A good tip to deal with this situation is checking the content readability before publishing it. This gives a clear idea about whether readers would be convinced about going through the provided information or not.
Searching for a quality readability checker is mandatory
Trusting a readability checker randomly is a big mistake. A lot of applications do not have properly programmed algorithms. As a result, the readability score is more of an estimate than an accurate calculation. There is always a question mark on the credibility of an application if a lot of people are not using it. A low user count gives the impression that either the tool is flawed or relatively new. In both cases, users can end up with incorrect results.
- Checking the user count is a good way to check the credibility level. If a readability checker is being used by several people, there is no need to search any further. However, it has to be ensured that the application does not have negative feedback on a major scale. It is obvious that every user may not have a positive experience with the tool but if most users are dissatisfied, there may be serious performance/reliability issues. In a nutshell, do not be hasty while opting for a tool. Take your time and view all important parameters before making the final choice.
- At times, when users are searching for these tools, they only consider free options and ignore everything else. It is not necessary that a free tool may be reliable as well. Similarly, there is no assurance that a paid one would deliver accurate results. Quality is an important factor and it should never be ignored. There is nothing wrong about opting for a free readability checking application if it is actually worth it.
Readability decides the interest level
Why do people lose interest in the written content? Lack of readability is one of the major reasons. Some blog writers only aim at completing the count of words. The quality factor is simply ignored. If content does not develop interest, the reader would not be encouraged to spend time on reading it. Hence, when it comes to getting a good response through a blog, readability matters a lot. It is important as well as helpful to check the readability score beforehand so that you have a clear idea about the response. There are proper tools available online to determine the content score.
Using a readability checker – steps used
Here are the steps you have to follow to determine the readability of content
Stage of content uploading
The first thing you have to do is upload the content. Most tools provide support for direct uploading of the file. If the content file has the PDF, TXT or DOC format, it can be directly uploaded. Writers do not have to select the text, copy it and paste it in the text box. However, one of the two options can be used.
Checking output in terms of readability
A good readability checker generates a complete report related to the uploaded content. For instance, you can know about the densities of prominent keywords used in the content. Similarly, the readability report will total number of sentences, characters per word and other related information. If there are any problems, you can make changes to the appropriate area. For instance, over usage of a particular word reduces the level of readability. The report would show the frequency of all keywords used. If the density is higher than normal, reduce the usage of the related word to produce readable content.
Quality readable content reduces the bounce rate
As it has been mentioned above, having a high bounce rate is a negative aspect of the reputation of a website. When related fresh content would be updated on a website from time to time, more people would pay consistent visits. As a result, the bounce rate of the website would be on the lower side.
What is the key difference between successful online brands and the ones which fail to deliver? Top-rated online sellers make every effort to engage and communicate with their buyers. This is done by delivering readable content every now and then. Let us consider a short example to see how readable content makes a quantifiable difference. Consider that a visitor browses a web page on a weekly basis. After three weeks, he witnesses that there is nothing new to offer in terms of content. This would give him the impression that the brand is concerned more about generating sales and not communicating with the customer. As a result, he would stop visiting the website. When a considerable sum of people would adopt the same approach, the bounce rate would increase.
- Easy Tips That Have A Big Impact On Your SEO - January 24, 2022
- Why Auditing Your Website Could Be One Of The Best Things To Do In 2022 - January 16, 2022
- Are You Ready To Grow Your Email Marketing Strategy In 2022 - January 9, 2022