Effective Design Tips to Improve Your Sales in 2020
Running a business can be challenging, and 2020, the year of the COVID-19, has been especially trying. You find that you are struggling to make sales, and you’re starting to worry that you may have to shut down. With the right design tips, you can boost your sales and keep your doors open, even in these challenging times.
2020 has proved to be a very challenging year for everyone. The Covid-19 pandemic has hit the business landscape leading to the closure of many companies. Those that have managed to survive have had to implement cutbacks and other cost-saving measures.
In the same breath, they are looking for ways to increase their sales to remain afloat. Platforms such as Mr.Bet have excellent tools for those operating online casinos and are looking for tips to design a game. But what tips can help boost sales for other businesses?
We will show you the top design tips to boost your sales in 2020 below.
1. Have a professional website built
What are web design tips? Simply put, it is any techniques you will apply to increase traffic to your website. One of the best design tips for websites is not to have sliders on your homepage. They can confuse people whatever you want to tell your audiences.
Other things you need to incorporate in your web design include:
- A strong call-to-action
- Visible contact information that works
- Aligning your website to any advertisements
- Developing design tips by understanding exactly who you are talking to and their point of need
- Having trust icons such as social proof, security measures, and safe shopping guarantees, among others
- Creating a sense of urgency around your promotions or products
- Making the checkout process easy
- Simplifying the checkout process and removing the navigation bar from the page. You do not want to present customers with the option of abandoning their carts.
- Incorporating customers voice in your copy
2. Put the Customer First
With the pandemic being such a painful reality in 2020, business owners must put the health and safety of customers first. If you’re operating a brick-and-mortar store, ensure you have proper sanitization and social distancing rules.
Communicate with the customers via your website, email, social media, or even mobile apps. Information around the pandemic and staying safe is especially welcome at this time.
One of the best design tips in marketing you will get is to go over and beyond customer expectations. When customers see that you care for them, they will remain loyal and even send some referrals your way.
Invest in training staff members to build passion around the brand and give customers the same experience.
3. Design and Optimize Your Gaming Website
Online gaming is on the rise. If you are a new developer, here is what you need to know.
- When designing, think of the end-user by having an easy-to-use interface
- Hook your players with your characters
- Provide quality sound to enhance the mood
- Provide consistency and balance in gameplay
- Unique designs will ensure you stand out
Optimizing your website is so much more than having the right keywords to attract visitors. The use of graphics and video will help reduce bounce rates. There are some fantastic design tips graphics you will find online to help with the process.
Design tips in Photoshop will help you customize photos or even create virtual tours for your visitors.
Customize your website to make it accessible on smart devices such as tablets or mobiles. A large percentage of visitors will browse it via such devices.
4. Offer Money-Back Guarantee
Have you ever wondered why companies offer money-back guarantees? Not only is it a very effective marketing tactic, but it shows that you have faith in your product.
When customers know they can return a purchase they are not happy with, it’s likely they’ll trust you with their money. Just be sure to offer a guarantee that you can live up to it.
5. Don’t Forget Your Existing Customers
If you have existing customers, repurposing your marketing content to mitigate them is a good move. By developing messaging that directly talks to them, you increase the likelihood of return purchases.
Think about promotions that target them directly. It could be a way of saying thank you to them for their loyalty. In return, they will stick by you and continue to be faithful customers.
We have shared what we consider top design tips to boost sales in 2020. Everything you do should be about the customer. Safety and information during this pandemic period are critical.
Pay attention to your website design and take advantage of smart devices so that you can reach those who shop via their smart devices. Most importantly, pay attention to your existing customers through promotions and exclusive offers, where possible.
What other tips would you have for a business that wants to stay afloat in 2020? Head over to the comment section to share your feedback.
Alex has many irons in many fires, including starting an eCommerce store and his own marketing company. He is very busy, but the work is rewarding, and freedom has allowed him to fish, see friends more regularly.
- What Do You Have to Consider to Build Your Brand and Promote Your Business Online?
- Are You Struggling? Easily Create Or Improve Your Own SEO Strategy
- It’s Coming, Are You Ready For Google Web Core Vitals?
- The Must-Have Guide To WordPress Website Maintenance That Every Entrepreneur & Blogger Needs In Their Arsenal