Whether you’re a business owner or a blogger you know by now how much promotion can affect your bottom line.
I hear you saying, “I don’t make money from my blog“.
I am here to tell you that you are WRONG!
You are just trading with a different kind of currency.
LET THAT SINK IN.
Your currency could be:
I mean if you take the time to create original content you’re just not writing for yourself you are writing with someone in mind so one of the 4 above is important to the life of your website.
One question though, why in the hell
wouldn’t you want to make money from your site if you could?
Monetizing should not be a dirty word.
Depending on your niche and your determination it could be a significant income.
But, you can’t think of it in terms of “just” dollars. Maybe you have a need to self-promote. Someone like an author, a comedian, or even a therapist. Then “YOU” are your brand and to be successful you must promote yourself.
You will need to build brand awareness & relationships to achieve this. Your people are going to want to know:
- Who you are & why should they listen to you?.
- What you’re offering.
- How it can help them.
One of the most cost-effective and often overlooked for its potential is email marketing. I know so many who struggle to use email marketing effectively, but it can be done quite easily.
This year, 2022 we (together, you & I) are going to up our marketing game by learning to use MailChimp effectively and in ways, you would never believe! We’re going to cover everything from creating an audience and we’ll create & setting up a “welcome” email sequence. Together we’ll:
- Create a free MailChimp account, choose the best option for you, and set it up.
- Set up an audience. Understand tags, groups & segments.
- Create & connect a free incentive.
- Create an RSS feed & newsletter template.
- Create & set up a welcome sequence.
- What automation are available to use.
- Understanding Customer Journeys.
Each day, for five days, you’ll receive a new lesson right in your inbox! Every day will be step-by-step instructions covering everything from creating an audience, connecting a free incentive, and how to create and automate a welcome email series that can be reused over and over.
DAY 1: Getting Started With MailChimp
The very first thing you need to ask yourself “What Is My Marketing Goals“.
There is a 3-step process to follow as you set your marketing objective & prepare to build your marketing emails.
- Define the business objectives: Email marketing should be in service of key business & marketing goals, not just email for the sake of email.
- Decide on email marketing type: There are basically 2 email marketing types, and pretty much every marketing email will be one or the other.
- Translate to a blueprint: Nobody builds a skyscraper without first drawing up a good set of blueprints to guide the project.
- Learn how to import subscribers.
- Create an audience
- Learn about tags, segments & groups, and how to use them effectively.
- Create your sign-up forms.
DAY 2: ALL ABOUT CAMPAIGNS
- What, when, and how to send an email
- Best practices when creating emails.
- How to create an RSS campaign.
- How to create a newsletter template.
- How to see how those campaigns are doing with reports and analytics and tweak.
DAY: 3: WELCOME EMAIL SEQUENCES
- Why do you need to create a welcome email sequence?
- What should it include?
- How to set it up.
- How to analyze & tweak.
DAY 4: EXPLORING AUTOMATION
- What types of automation series are available?
- The terms that you need to know.
- How to create your own strategy.
- Best practices for using automation.
DAY 5: BUILDING YOUR OWN EMAIL STRATEGY
- Discover the ‘Customer Journey’.
- How can you use ‘Customer Journey’.
- Putting it all together.